The project Farmaceutkompis/Pharmacist Friend comes to an end!
Naturally, we at Pharmacists Without Borders continue to support newly arrived and pharmacists who have not yet received their license by supporting SENNA/Swedish Pharmacists Association’s important support work, as well as Framtida Vårdpersonal, Apotekarsocieteten/Läkemedelsakademin and the universities in hopefully getting more places on the supplementary training courses! During July-Dec 2019, we will continue to answer questions from pharmacists who need support in getting their Swedish license, via email and Facebook messenger as usual, but no more matches in the database will take place. Some email newsletters and posts in Social Media with tips and dissemination of information that can be of help for our Friends will also continue during the autumn.
Pharmacists Without Borders (FuG) ran the integration project Farmaceutkompis/Pharmacist Friend from November 2015 to December 2019.
- Campaign to find more established pharmacists! At the moment, we are working hard trying to find more established pharmacists in all the cities where they are missing. It has begun to give some results! We know that many of you (both newly arrived and established) have been waiting for a long time for a friend. Are you a professional or retired pharmacist and live in one of the cities below? A newly arrived pharmacist is waiting for you!
Please also refer to any established pharmacists that you might know. It's a simple and fun way to support someone who wants to learn about the industry and Sweden - we need you! Take the chance today and register here!
- Free membership in Apotekarsocieteten is offered to newvly arrived Farmaceutkompisar in 2017.
When you sign up to become a memder, you will receieve information to your email with activites, courses and events you can attend. To become a mebmer, please follow these instructions:
- Visit Apotekarsocietetens home page
- Press ”Klicka här för att ange kod” at the top of the page, and enter the code ”FarmKomp”
- Choose a "krets" depending on where you live.
- Complete the fields marked with a *.
- Under ”skapa ett konto för mina sidor” you will choose a password to use to log in
Activites all around Sweden can be found in the calendar. To participate for free, please remember to log in before register. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Sveriges Farmaceuter is offering newvly arrived pharmacists an introduction membership in their organisation. Are you a pharmacist with a degree from abroad and would like to work in Sweden? The membership will offer you several benefits that are important for you who wants to work in Sweden. You can read more about the benefits here To register, please complete this form and send it to Nathalie.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any other questions, she will be able to answer these for you.
- On the 26th of February, Farmaceutkompis had the opportunity to ask questions and get a clearer picture from the project leader Shima Momeni of Uppsala University regarding the new processes of Education to get a Swedish Pharmacist License and Knowledge tests. You can read the summary in Swedish that covers the questions asked by the 32 Farmaceutkompisar that were present. To get the most updated information, always visit the web pages of the University or Socialstyrelsen. The web page of Uppsala University is continously updated with new information.
A link to the web page can be found here.